Tuesday, August 7

Stuff I've Learned About Girls.

I was thinking about things.

If you were to ask me what I knew about lasses, love and relationships, I would tell you I definitely don’t know it all. I'd only be able to tell you a couple of things:

I'd tell you that I have been lucky enough, so young in life, to have been in love. Pure blissful love; with all its fights, smiles, and joy. With an amazing woman who made me happier than I'd ever been before.

I have also been unlucky enough to see that girl happily in love with someone else.

I've learned that it's better to see the person you love, happily in love with someone else, than unhappily with you.

I've also learned that those types of feelings become clichés and stupid emails for a reason, and that reason is because they are so true, and affect so deeply.

I’ve also learned that as life goes on, you forget the unhappy parts, and cherish the good ones. That’s the beauty of time.

One thing I learned recently though, was to completely eliminate my bullshit tolerance. Life is give-and-take, and people that just take aren’t worth your time, effort or affections.

I learned that I can’t reckless with other people’s emotions, and not to put up with people who are reckless with mine.

I've learned that if your girlfriend gets jealous, hug her. Hug her good and hard. Remember how she likes her coffee, and order it how she likes it. Before she gets the chance. Grasp her hand when a scantily clad woman walks past, and if you're feeling sad, call her. At some point, every now and again, call her by her first and middle names, and ask to see a picture of her when she was a kid.

I learned that if you're having sex, and you're going to shoot your bit early, then do it good, loud and hard. Then look her in the eye, and tell her it happened because she is beautiful, gorgeous, sexy, and just made you lose control.

If you can look her in the eye and say that without actually meaning it, then you're a dick.

I learned once that you should never go to sleep without kissing her between the shoulder-blades as she turns over to go to sleep. If you wake up before her, run to the bathroom and swish some toothpaste, then go back to bed. It can make a world of difference. At least do that in the beginning. Later on, it's the other things that count.

I've learned that if you don't communicate enough, then when your girlfriend gets really drunk, and something makes her angry, you're gonna have a HUGE fight, and you're going to be to blame. No matter what happened.

But everything is fine, and she gets really drunk, you should just take her to bed, undress her, and let her sleep. You'll think it's a thankless task because she doesn't remember it in the morning, but my theory?

She remembers.

She'll just never tell you.

*******************************************

I'm glad I learned these things, and I think I'm lucky to have been able to learn them from some amazing women. There have been some rough moments to go through in the course of learning them, and I don't think any of them even know, consciously, that they've taught me them.

But I know.

And I'll always appreciate them more for it.

22 comments:

Betenoir said...

what a lovely, honest, sweet post. I think you should print this out and hand it to men all around South Africa.

crayola dude said...

Stuff I've Learned About Guys:

They don't like getting pamphlets telling them how to be a better man. In fact, they may just kick you in the ghoolies.

;)

SheBee said...

OMG - you just earned yourself a million brownie points. And if you dont mind I would like to share this with my readers?

Crayola Dude, this is probably one of those posts that the girls would love, and the guys will call you gay for, but please please please let me broadcast it on my blog and facebook??

crayola dude said...

Sure, with pleasure lass... It's on my facebook notes already as well, but you're welcome to share it however you like...

I are wearing the jean pant said...

Very insightful. I are loving it muchly.

The xGW said...

panty dropper ;)

crayola dude said...

Mine, or other peoples?

Anonymous said...

Shameless! :)

SheBee said...

Thank you muchly.

It is here:

http://sheena-ifthesewallscouldtalk.blogspot.com/2007/08/crayola-dude-speaks.html

And here:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=5667785363&ref=mf

Link whoring, I know.

And some how this comment was posted thrice! My bad.

crayola dude said...

Aww man, you're making me blush.

crayola dude said...

Wait.

What exactly is a 'panty dropper'?

Is that bad?

SheBee said...

Well it could be a bad thing, if you are easily offended.

Or it could be a good thing, if you like to stroke your ego.. or have it stroked... whatever floats you boat.

Not that I am accusing you of stroking your own ego. But if you do thats ok too.

Um.

I'm shutting up now.

The xGW said...

this post is a panty dropper. look at all these ladies getting hot under the collar and "aaawwwwww". I am deafened by the sound of falling knickers dropping all around your feet. you should be ashamed ;)

crayola dude said...

Who me? NEVER! ;)

Champagne Heathen said...

Lucky girls that have been! And lucky girls to ..uhhh....come.

Anonymous said...

The one thing I've learned about women is that they're like marshmallows. I forget why, but it was really, really profound.

Anonymous said...

you are good blogger. And (*gasp*) potentially a bloody good bloke.

(she says, pulling her wayward knickers back up)

;-)

The xGW said...

yeah, but he's *painfully* fussy too... [sigh]

crayola dude said...

Oh please. Since when is semi-conscious and unarmed 'painfully fussy'?

;)

Anonymous said...

Like I said, such a sweet boy ;)

Anonymous said...

dude, this totally rocks and reminds me of my first 'real true love' boyfriend, oh, about two decades ago.

thank you for writing this out

Anonymous said...

xGW you forget, he's into vegetables, our dear ekke homo vegetamitis ;p

*surreptiously picks up ancient panties*