The PlayStation Lady Thinks I'm A Poofter.
So, because PlayStation was one of the clients at our agency, we used to get a lot of perks; like the brand new games, new hardware, sneak previews etc.
This was fabulous.
Fabulous too, were the first class tickets to all of the launch functions around the country - because we would think them up, then get to enjoy them as they happened.
Without boring you with the details, we were launching one of the new games on a Saturday, at Kyalami the upcoming week. After our presentation of the launch ideas I was having a chat with the client-serpent lady, and I asked her for our tickets for the event. She gave me only one, so I asked her if I could please have another one, to bring a partner.
Partner is a very loaded word, as I discovered.
"Sure" she said. "No problem. Who are you bringing, anyone I know?"
"I'll probly bring Andrew, you met him at the last event."
"Oh." Strange pause. Stranger expression. "I didn't know Andrew was your, um, partner?"
"Shitshitshit shethinksbumchumnotbuddy aaaawwwwcrap." Said my brain.
"No not for Saturday I mean yes he'll be my partner but not like partner-partner just my partner I mean we're just friends." Said I.
'Just friends?' she asked, with a funny look in her eye and this weird pink thing playing across her lips.
Turned out to be her tongue.
So I did what I thought any self-respecting hot-blooded male would do in that situation:
I looked around, farted nervously, and ran away.
I'm manly like that.
Tuesday, July 3
6 comments:
Since you apparently have (semi) powers over all these things (or have you lost the powers and/or the account?), I really would appreciate more events in Cape Town or, equally, one of those tickets (and I really do only need one ... sadly) to attend more events in Johannesburg.
I'm just saying.
BTW I'm wondering if the person you are referring to is who I think it is. LOL. We get on fabulously, so perhaps not.
Anyway, welcome to the blogosphere.
Haha... I would with pleasure! Thing is, I left the creative fold a short while back, only to go to the dark side of production.
I think I still have her number though... :)
Come back to the light!
Actually, it's not so much the light as the lighter side of the dark. (IMHO as a frustrated journalist. You understand, I'm sure.)
I will call you should I ever need the number. I had it for a while, but then misplaced it, but lately email has been effective.
hahahahaaaa! i did the same thing a couple of weeks ago at a company function. no wonder the cute one in finance has given me a wide berth. *sigh*
It could also be because you dripped claret on his Hush Puppies, sweetie... ;)
I'll have you know it was a MERLOT!
Post a Comment